2009 MAGNUM Single Vineyard Cabernet SauvignonCabernet Sauvignon
5 stars Winestate Magazine
Dense red wine with lovely nose that is dominated by blackcurrant fruit with molasses notes. Sweet concentration of fruit flavours matched with vanilla oak and fine grained tannins. Great length.
Drink to 2025 + 14.5% Alcohol Screwcap Vol 1.5L
- Made from 100% Cabernet fruit grown on our 5 acre premium, low yielding vineyard at Seppeltsfield in the Barossa Valley.
- Full bodied, rich on the palate, classic range of balanced aromas and flavours.
- Grapes harvested at optimum ripeness and flavour.
- Full-bodied, smooth in texture and structure, rounded tannins.
- Elegant structure and balance, subtle sweet oak.
- Careful oak management is a priority to avoid over-oaking and the consequent masking of the natural fruit flavours.
- 22 months in 300L hogsheads.
- 25% new French oak, 75% old French oak.
- Warm fermentation in open top fermenters, hand pumpovers, gently pressed, hand racked to clarity, unfiltered, no fining with foreign substances
- Limited number of magnums (1.5L) still available
- Bottles individually numbered