2009 MAGNUM Single Vineyard Shiraz CabernetShiraz / Cabernet
94 points Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
4.5 stars Winestate Magazine SOLD OUT
“An inky boot polish and raspberry bouquet with the cabernet apparent and a big bright fruit attack on the well-defined palate with excellent use of oak and some big tannins.”
Winestate Magazine Aug/Sep 2014
Enjoy until 2025. 14.7% Alcohol. Screw cap. Vol 1.5L
- Made with 100% estate grown fruit from our 10 acre premium, low yielding vineyard at Seppeltsfield in the Barossa Valley.
- A classic expression of the Barossa’s traditional blend which captures the intense characters of both varieties, this limited production hand crafted wine is made from estate grown, single vineyard, 60% Shiraz and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon.
- The Shiraz and Cabernet were made as separate wines and blended prior to bottling. The grapes were harvested at optimum ripeness and flavour.
- The wine has intense flavours, smooth texture, elegant structure and balance, rounded tannins and subtle oak.
- Careful oak management is a priority to avoid over-oaking and the consequent masking of the natural fruit flavours.
- 22 months in French and American 300L hogsheads.
- Warm fermentation in open top fermenters
- Gently pressed
- Hand racked to clarity
- Unfiltered, no fining with foreign substances
- Decanting recommended
- One hundred magnums (1500ml bottles)
Out of stock